This fast track programme is a new innovative way to complete the APMP qualification with more learning opportunities and less disruption to you, your employer and your home life. The PARALLEL active learning system gives you the ability to learn in your own way anytime anywhere. Study on the train, on the bus, in the office, on the web, minimising disruption to your work place for significantly less cost.
Included in the package;
- High quality APMP exam study guide which simply explains the APM Body of Knowledge in easy to read language, including sample exam questions, model answers and helpful templates for use for free.
- Seven e-learning modules which integrate seamlessly with the study guide, following the same study structure page by page.
- Seven podcasts to listen to on your media player again integrated with the study guide.
- On-line interactive support from your learning cohort, via our tutor moderated forum.
- 3-day exam prep active learning workshop including the exam. With plenty of opportunity to compare notes and learn by doing. Led by a fully qualified and experienced tutor.
Study in your own space on the train, tube, in the office, on the web.
The course follows the same structure as the APMP Syllabus including;
1. Project Management in Context during which we differentiate projects from non-projects, explore programme and portfolio management, the influence of the business and political context on project success, the critical role of the sponsor in project success and the support that can be provided by a project office.
2. Planning and Strategy including being clear how success will be measured from the outset, the influence of stakeholders on requirements, how that can be managed.
Also in this section:
- Preparing the project management plan
- Understanding and managing risk
- Planning, assuring and controlling quality
- Managing health and safety
3. Executing the Strategy including
- Clearly defining a scope for the project,
- Defining a robust baseline schedule,
- Planning and managing key resources,
- Budgeting and cost management
- Controlling change to the project
- Tracking costs and progress with earned value management
- Managing project information and reporting
- Managing and escalating project issues
4. Detailed techniques including
- Understanding the customer’s requirements and how these can be met.
- Estimating cost for completing the project using a number of methods
- Configuration management to control changes to the design
5. Business and Commercial
- The purpose role and ownership of the business case
- Working with supplier through the procurement cycle
6. Organisation and Governance
- Planning the project life cycle
- Completing effective project hand over and learning lessons from the project
- The forms and purpose of project reviews across the lifecycle
- Working in different organisation structures.
- Clearly defining roles and responsibilities for the project and business deliverables.
- Implementing methods such as Prince2
- Governance of project management
7. People and profession
- Managing effective communications
- Building a project team
- Leading projects to success
- Dealing with conflict in a positive way
- Negotiating from conflict to collaboration
Fees exclude exams which need to be added for your membership grade