The APM Launch Registered Project Professional (APM RPP)
- Not sure if PMP, APM or PRINCE2 is the right approach for you or your organisation?
- Will a Project Management Qualification Help me get a Better Job? Podcast with Lindsay Scott of project management recruitment specialists Arras People this podcast interview with Parallel Project Training explores...
- Anyone Interesting in APMP for PRINCE2 practitioners
The APM has launched the APM Registered Project Professional standard. What is APM RPP? What is the assessment process and will it be worthhwile?
The Assessment Process for the APM Registered Project Professional
Registered Project Professional will need to show that they can manage a complex project using the tools, processes and techniques of project management
This will be demonstrated through:
1) Professional competences assessment
2) Understanding of the APM Body of Knowledge
3) A record of achievement in the delivery of projects
4) Adherence to the APM code of professional conduct.
Registered Project Professional Application process
Candidates will complete an online application and e-portfolio of evidence which includes:
1) Short statements providing evidence of competence in the critical competences
2) A project-based CV to support the statements of competence
3) A record of CPD carried out in the previous 12 months
4) Named referees who can confirm a candidate’s suitability
5) Evidence of academic and professional qualifications
The applications will be assessed and successful candidates will be invited to a 45 minute professional discussion.
When can I apply for APM Registered Project Professional?
The APM Registered Project Professional will be available from March 2011.