The APMP qualification is based on the APM (Association for Project Management) Body of Knowledge and establishes a firm foundation for a career as a professional project manager. It provides the tools and knowledge to successfully manage projects and promote the benefits of project management within an organisation. It is also an indication to current and potential employers of your commitment to developing a career within the profession.
The APMP qualification is a knowledge-based approach rather than a method-based approach which will equip you with the essential skills to succeed managing real-world projects. The knowledge you will gain on an APMP training course is the knowledge used every day within organisations to accomplish successful outcomes.
Parallel Project Training offers an unrivalled flexible learning system which substantially improves your chances of passing the APMP exam with a variety of teaching styles and learning materials.
Comprehensive learning materials available from Parallel include:
- Podcasts discussing the main topics of the APMP Body of Knowledge (BoK)
- e-Learning Modules accredited by the Association for Project Management
- Study Guide including sample exam questions
- Online Forum moderated by a course instructor.
These materials can be used to prepare for a formal course led by a qualified instructor, all of whom have extensive, current project management experience in a variety of industries. Alternatively, for a more cost-effective option, they can be used independently followed by a 1-day distance-learning exam preparation day, which includes a morning of tutor-led revision followed by the exam itself. There are also options to combine both distance and classroom learning.
What are the APMP Training Options offered by Parallel?
• APMP Training Course – A 5-day classroom-based course enabling a maximum amount of tutor-led teaching and learning for less-experienced project managers.
• APMP for Prince2® – a 5-day course for project manager who already hold the PRINCE2® Practitioner certification. In this case a shorter exam is available with questions from a smaller subset of the APM BoK
• APMP Distance Learning – a combination of podcasts, e-learning, printed study materials and online interactive forums.
• Corporate APMP Training – Standard or bespoke courses delivered on-site or at Parallel's own training facilities.
The APMP Distance Learning Package
Parallel Project Training provides one of the most comprehensive APMP distance learning courses accredited by the APM providing the opportunity to start studying immediately and to study at your own pace with a range of media to suits all learning styles. It also offers one-to-one tutor support and always produces excellent APMP exam results. It is designed to be completed with an average of 40 hours study spread across 4 weeks and includes direct feedback on progress. The study materials supplied with this package include:
- Our highly acclaimed printed study guide covering the whole APMP syllabus and including examples of exam questions and exam hints and tips.
- 8 online e-learning modules that follow the same structure as the study guide with interactive exercises and quiz sections to monitor progress.
- A wide range of MP3 audio podcasts available from iTunes or from the Parallel Website that use discussions between project professionals to enhance your understanding of the APM approach to project management.
- On-line tutor support, guidance and advice available via our community.
Developing a Corporate Project Management Capability
Parallel Project Training is accredited by the Association for Project Management for the full range of APM professional qualifications and certification and can offer standard courses in-house as well as bespoke modules tailored to your organisations specific needs, which can incorporate real projects from your organisation into the learning to ensure that all examples are fully-meaningful to the delegates. We can deliver training courses via distance learning or in a more traditional classroom setting either in-house or at our own training facilities.