PMP Certification Training Course
Project Management Professional, PMP® Certification Course London
What is the PMP Credential?
PMP certification from the Project Management Institute®(PMI) is the most widely recognised global project management qualification. PMP certification demonstrates that you have the experience, education and competency to successfully lead and direct complex projects.
Around the world over 400,000 professional project managers hold the PMP. It is the perfect choice for those project managers who work, or aspire to work, in an international market. Research by the PMI has shown that project managers who hold the PMP credential earn significantly more that those without a qualification, with many earning up to £60,000 in the UK.
Why is the PMP so respected as a project management qualification?
The PMP not only evaluates your knowledge of project management but also your ability to take critical decisions in difficult situations and your overall experience. This is done by an evaluation of your experience managing specific projects as part of the exam application process. The PMI require different levels of experience depending on your qualifications (see the table below for details). Holders of the PMP must also continue to invest in ongoing professional development to maintain their credential. It is this rigor behind the PMP credential which gives it the credibility in the market place.
In summary in order to take the PMP exam you need to demonstrate:
- A track record of project management experience. This must be three years if you have a bachelor's degree and five years if you have no degree.
- Attendance at an approved 35 hour training course, such as this course offered by Parallel Project Training
- A commitment to CPD in order to maintain your accreditation
This course fully meets the PMI requirements for 35 hours of training
This gives you confidence that our 5-day PMP training course is designed to give you a full and deep understanding to the PMI approach to project management and also ensure you are fully prepared to undertake the PMP exam. We will bring the project management processes to life, using active learning techniques such as process mapping and buzz groups and through consideration of realistic case studies. We will also providing plenty of opportunities to practice the format and style of questions which come up in the PMP examination.
What is included in this course?
Included in the course are:
- Pre course podcasts covering the entire Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, these are available via our website or iTunes and are the ideal way to prepare for the course.
- A copy of the PMI Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Detailed course notes which lead you through the topics covered in the exam
- Sample PMP exam review questions after each session
- A Mock PMP examination towards the end of the course
- 35 hours of expert tutor input to ensure you understand the PMI approach to project management
PMP Certification Course Learning Objectives
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe in detail the PMI approach to project management as described by the guide to project management body of knowledge.
- Demonstrate how the PMI processes can be used to improve project management in your organisation.
- Prepare thoroughly for the PMP credential process and the examination
Pre-requisites for PMP Certification
The PMP credential is designed for experienced project managers who are looking for recognition of their competence to deliver projects. The PMI have specific pre-requisites based on the level of academic qualification and experience in project management.
|Education||Project Management Experience||Project Management Training Contact Hours|
|A four-year degree (bachelor’s or the global equivalent)||4,500 hours (about 3 years) of experience leading and directing projects||35 hours as provided by this PMP credential certification course|
|A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent)||7,500 hours (about 5 years) leading and directing projects||35 hours as provided by the PMP credential certification course|
This course does not include the PMP exam, we recommend booking this direct with the PMI for 3-4 weeks after the course. In this way you have time to prepare fully for the exam and maximise your chances of success. Full details are described in the PMI Certification Handbook.
Not yet ready for PMP Certification then take the APMP first. This course is delivered in partnership with 2020 business insight.