PRINCE2® Practitioner and Foundation 5-day
PRINCE2® is one of the most wildely recognised approaches to project management. It provides a clear road map for the delivery of successful projects. This course is for project managers and other staff who wish to be accredited to manage projects using the PRINCE2® methods. This course includes both the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner exams. This PRINCE2® Practitioner Course uses active learning methods to develop the capability to apply PRINCE2® to projects within your work place in a pragmatic and appropriate way.
The Benefits of PRINCE2® Practitioner
The benefits of a PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification are:
- PRINCE2® provides a structured approach to the management of projects. As a PRINCE2® Practitioner you will have a good understanding of how to apply this approach to projects resulting in improved chances of project success.
- Improved job prospects. As a recognised PRINCE2® Practitioner your chances of being short listed will be improved for the many organisations that require project managers to have a PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification.
Course Learning Objectives For PRINCE2® Practitioner Course
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the need for project management and how PRINCE2® meets that requirement
- Understand the PRINCE2® process model and apply the PRINCE2® processes
- Prepare project plans using product based planning techniques and undertake risk analysis and risk management for the project
- Prepare information for inclusion in the Project Initiation Documentation
- Understand and apply techniques for the management of product development, quality control and change control
- Take the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examination papers.
Absolutely excellent, the best course I have been on! The quality of the tuition is of a very high standard.
PRINCE2® Practitioner Course Content
The course will cover, in detail:
- The seven PRINCE2® processes, seven themes and seven principles described in the manual
- Detailed case studies, with individual and syndicate work being used to apply the principles and techniques being taught
- Sample examination papers, hints, tips and exam preparation
- PRINCE2® Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioners examinations
Trainer was authoritative, demonstrative, relaxed. Could not be better, excellent in every aspect.
The exams included in this PRINCE2® Practitioner Course are:
- Multiple choice paper
- Closed book (i.e. no other material allowed in the classroom)
- A total of 75 questions, need 50% to pass
- Multiple choice in format, rather than being fully written, but equally challenging and certainly not trivial!
- 9 questions, with a scenario background and appendices
- Each of the 9 questions is worth 12 marks
- A total of 108 marks can be awarded, 59 is needed to pass the Practitioner exam
- 2.5 hour exam in which you can refer to your PRINCE2® manual – but nothing else!
- The Practitioner exam can only be taken when a candidate has passed the foundation exam.
Upcoming Events › PRINCE2 Practitioner
PRINCE2® is a versatile project management methodology that can be applied to projects of all types, in any industry, and is an internationally-recognised approach to project management. The PRINCE2® Practitioner level is appropriate for those with extensive involvement in projects particularly project managers, team members, business managers and project office staff. It enables both individuals and organisations to appreciate how the PRINCE2® method provides a framework for controlling and managing projects. Approved Trainers with extensive project management experience will conduct…Find out more »