6-week Virtual APMP Project Management Qualification 6th Edition BoK (APMP)
26 March @ 11:00 - 13:00£1295
Using an integrated approach, this APMP course gives you the ability to learn in your own way anytime anywhere. This is a virtual APMP programme delivered in six virtual live session with an experienced APMP trainer (using adobe connect) over an nine week period plus our distance learning package and a mock exam. We have been offering this approach to corporate clients for a number of years and it has the following benefits over a traditional 5-day course.
- Less time out of the office.
- A weekly programme of learning with weekly homework and feedback.
- More time to study and absorb the course material.
- Very high pass rates in the APMP exam over 90% using this form of training.
The programme includes meetings on the following dates:
26th March 2018
|Introduction, resources, APMP exam, APM framework , Context and Environments, Organisations and Structures, Project Lifecycles|
9th April 2018
|Governance, Communications, Leadership|
16th April 2018
|Scope Management, Planning for Success, Business case, Information management|
23rd April 2018
|Understanding Scheduling and Resource Management|
30th April 2018
|Risk and Issue Management, Quality Management Project Procurement & issue mock exam|
14th May 2018
|Virtual exam prep|
18th May 2018
9:00 - 16:00
|Face-to-face exam prep and exam in London|
It is ideal if you should attend every meeting but all meetings are recorded so you can catch up if you miss one or two.
In addition to the virtual session the course includes a fantastic pre-course learning package with the following five main components;
- The official APMP study guide written by Parallel Project Training and published by the APM https://www.apm.org.uk/APM-Project-Management-Study-Guide-APMP.
- Seven APM accredited e-learning modules which integrate seamlessly with the study guide, following the same study structure page by page.
- Multiple MP3 podcasts to listen to on your media player again integrated with the study guide, covering all the hot topics for the APMP Exam.
- On-line interactive support from your learning cohort, via our tutor moderated forum.
- Weekly homework based typical APMP exam questions and a mock exam based on 5 questions from 8. Both marked by the course tutor, with detailed feedback.
- A full day exam prep and exam prep day in Reading UK. If you are based outside the UK then exams can be arranged at the British Council for a small additional cost.
Learning Objectives – At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply the principles of project management to your project.
- Confidently sit the APM Professional exam with a clear understanding of what is required to pass.
- Explain the benefits of project management to you and your organisation.
APMP Course Outline
Refresh of the study guide and feedback on strengths and weaknesses, creating a learning objective for you.
Project Management in Context; during which we differentiate projects from non-projects, explore programme and portfolio management, the influence of the business and political context on project success, the critical role of the sponsor in project success and support that can be provided by a project office.
Planning and Strategy; including being clear how success will be measured from the outset, the influence of stakeholders on requirements, how that can (or cannot) be managed. Also in this section:
- Preparing the project management plan
- Understanding and managing risk
- Planning, assuring and controlling quality
- Managing health and safety
Executing the Strategy; including:
- Driving the project forward to a successful conclusion
- Clearly defining a clear scope for the project
- Defining a robust baseline schedule
- Panning and managing key resources
- Budgeting and cost management
- Controlling change to the project
- Tracking costs and progress with earned value management
- Managing project information and reporting
- Managing and escalating project issues
Project Management Techniques; to make sure the project is fully understood and estimated fully including:
- Understanding the customer’s requirements and how these can be met
- Estimating cost for completing the project using a number of methods
- Configuration management to control changes to the design
Business and Commercial; to ensure the business case is robust and the supply chain is delivering value by including:
- The purpose, role and ownership of the business case
- Working with suppliers through the procurement cycle
Organisation and Governance; to ensure the business remains in control of the project including:
- The APM and British Standard lifecycle models
- Completing effective project hand over and learning lessons from the project
- The forms and purpose of project reviews across the lifecycle
- The nature of different organisation structures and the challenges of working in them
- Clearly defining roles and responsibilities for the project and business deliverables
- Understanding the benefits of methods such as Prince2TM
- The principles of the Governance of Project Management
People and the profession; to encourage effective and strong leadership
- Managing effective communications
- Building a project team
- Leading projects to success
- Dealing with conflict in a positive way
- Negotiating from conflict to collaboration
- Thorough exam preparation
- Three hour written paper invigilated by the APM
After The Workshop
You will be automatically registered on the on-going community of practice, where you can join others who have been part of the programme, share experiences and develop your knowledge through the forum for as long as you want.
If you are already an APM member please enter your APM membership number and use the “APMMember” discount code to receive £100 off the APM exam fees.
If you are resitting the APMP please enter your APM membership number and use the “APMResit” discount code to receive £195 off the APM exam fees.
Please note: Should you wish to cancel or postpone your attendance at one of our public training events – whether you have already paid or not, you may do so but cancellation costs will apply and will be charged according to the following scale:
More than 20 working days – 100% refund
Between 20 and 10 working days – 50% refund
Less than 10 working days – 0% refund (100% is payable)