APM Project Fundamentals Qualification – 2 Days
9 May @ 09:00 - 10 May @ 17:00£775
The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification is the Association for Project Management vital introduction to project management. The Association for Project Management is the UK professional body for project management with over 14,000 individual members and 400 corporate.
APM Project Fundamentals Qualification Syllabus
The syllabus for this two day course covers the essential elements of project management as defined by the APM PFQ syllabus. It will help you become familiar with the processes tools and techniques of project management. it will equip you to make more effective contribution to the delivery of successful project in your organization.
Who should attend the APM Project Fundamentals Course?
This course is ideal for those who are new the environment of project management and want to develop a better understanding of project management processes, behaviors, tools and techniques.
APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (APM PFQ) learning Objectives
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Describe a projects context and the relationship of this to the way in which the project is managed
- Write usable project documentation including business cases and project plans
- Describe the key components of a team and how a project manager might seek to manage them
- Carry out a work breakdown of a project as a first component of planning
- Produce a project plan
- Carry out a risk analysis of a project
- Describe ways in which projects can be monitored and controlled
- Carry out a stakeholder analysis and describe ways in which they can be managed
- Have sufficient knowledge to sit the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification
APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (APM PFQ) Exam Structure
The Fundamentals Qualification exam in 1 hour in duration with 60 multiple choice questions.
APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (APM PFQ) Topics Covered
Project Management in Context; during which we differentiate projects from non-projects, explore programme and portfolio management, the influence of the business and political context on project success, the critical role of the sponsor in project success and support that can be provided by a project office.
Planning and Strategy; including being clear how success will be measured from the outset, the influence of stakeholders on requirements, how that can (or cannot) be managed. Also in this section:
- Preparing the project management plan
- Understanding and managing risk
- Planning, assuring and controlling quality
- Managing health and safety
Executing the Strategy; including driving the project forward to a successful conclusion.
- Defining and managing the delivery of benefits and achieving success criteria
- Understanding how to analyse and manage stakeholders
- Producing a project management plan
- Carrying out project risk analysis
- Defining and managing quality
- Defining project scope and ways of understanding it including WBS, PBS
- Producing a viable plan
- Planning and managing key resources
- Controlling change to the project
- Managing project information and reporting
- Managing and escalating project issues
Project Management Techniques; to make sure the project is fully understood and estimated fully including:
- Estimating cost for completing the project using a number of methods
- Configuration management to control changes to the design
Business and Commercial; to ensure the business case is robust and the supply chain is delivering value by including:
- The purpose, role and ownership of the business case
- Working with suppliers through the procurement cycle
Organisation and Governance; to ensure the business remains in control of the project including
- Completing effective project handover and learning lessons from the project
- Clearly defining roles and responsibilities for the project and business deliverables
People and the profession; to encourage effective and strong leadership.
- Managing effective communications
- Building a project team
- Leading projects to success
The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (APM PFQ) exam
APM Project Fundamentals Qualification exam of 60 minutes invigilated by the APM
Included in the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification Course
- Course manual
- APM Project Fundamentals Qualification exam fee
- On-line Podcast
After the Workshop
You will be automatically registered on the on-going community of practice, where you can join others who have been part of the programme, share experiences and develop your knowledge through the forum for as long as you want.
Please note: Should you wish to cancel or postpone your attendance at one of our public training events – whether you have already paid or not, you may do so but cancellation costs will apply and will be charged according to the following scale:
More than 20 working days – 100% refund
Between 20 and 10 working days – 50% refund
Less than 10 working days – 0% refund (100% is payable)