- This event has passed.
APM Project Management Qualification 6th Edition BoK (APMP) – 5 Days
23rd April 2018 @ 09:00 - 27th April 2018 @ 17:00£1650
Using an integrated approach, this APMP course gives you the ability to learn in your own way anytime anywhere. The full five day APMP Training course maximises you opportunities to learn by including a wide range of pre-course study options.
This five day training course includes a fantastic pre-course learning package with the following five main components;
- High quality APMP exam study guide which explains in simple terms the APM Body of Knowledge in easy to read language, including sample exam questions, and helpful templates for use for free. This study guide is delivered once you book the course so that you can start you preparation.
- Seven APM accredited e-learning modules which integrate seamlessly with the study guide, following the same study structure page by page.
- Multiple MP3 podcasts to listen to on your media player again integrated with the study guide, covering all the hot topics for the APMP Exam
- Online interactive support from your learning cohort, via our tutor moderated forum.
- 5-day project management training course including the APMP exam. The course is led by a fully qualified and project management experienced tutor.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply the principles of project management to your project.
- Confidently sit the APM Professional exam with a clear understanding of what is required to pass.
- Explain the benefits of project management to you and your organisation.
APMP Course Outline
Refresh of the study guide and feedback on strengths and weaknesses, creating a learning objective for you.
Project Management in Context; during which we differentiate projects from non-projects, explore programme and portfolio management, the influence of the business and political context on project success, the critical role of the sponsor in project success and support that can be provided by a project office.
Planning and Strategy; including being clear how success will be measured from the outset, the influence of stakeholders on requirements, how that can (or cannot) be managed. Also in this section:
- Preparing the project management plan
- Understanding and managing risk
- Planning, assuring and controlling quality
- Managing health and safety
Executing the Strategy; including driving the project forward to a successful conclusion
- Clearly defining a clear scope for the project
- Defining a robust baseline schedule
- Panning and managing key resources
- Budgeting and cost management
- Controlling change to the project
- Tracking costs and progress with earned value management
- Managing project information and reporting
- Managing and escalating project issues
Project Management Techniques; to make sure the project is fully understood and estimated fully including:
- Understanding the customer’s requirements and how these can be met
- Estimating cost for completing the project using a number of methods
- Configuration management to control changes to the design
Business and Commercial; to ensure the business case is robust and the supply chain is delivering value by including:
- The purpose, role and ownership of the business case
- Working with suppliers through the procurement cycle
Organisation and Governance; to ensure the business remains in control of the project including:
- The APM and British Standard lifecycle models
- Completing effective project hand over and learning lessons from the project
- The forms and purpose of project reviews across the lifecycle
- The nature of different organisation structures and the challenges of working in them
- Clearly defining roles and responsibilities for the project and business deliverables
- Understanding the benefits of methods such as Prince2TM
- The principles of the Governance of Project Management
People and the profession; to encourage effective and strong leadership
- Managing effective communications
- Building a project team
- Leading projects to success
- Dealing with conflict in a positive way
- Negotiating from conflict to collaboration
- Thorough exam preparation.
- Three hour written paper invigilated by the APM
After The Workshop
You will be automatically registered on the on-going community of practice, where you can join others who have been part of the programme, share experiences and develop your knowledge through the forum for as long as you want.
If you are already an APM member please enter your APM membership number and use the “APMMember” discount code to receive £100 off the APM exam fees.
If you are resitting the APMP please enter your APM membership number and use the “APMResit” discount code to receive £195 off the APM exam fees.
Please note: Should you wish to cancel or postpone your attendance at one of our public training events – whether you have already paid or not, you may do so but cancellation costs will apply and will be charged according to the following scale:
More than 20 working days – 100% refund
Between 20 and 10 working days – 50% refund
Less than 10 working days – 0% refund (100% is payable)