Using an integrated approach, this APM-PMQ course gives you the ability to learn in your own way anytime anywhere. This is a virtual APM-PMQ programme delivered in six virtual live session with an experienced APM-PMQ trainer (using adobe connect) over a nine week period plus our distance learning package and a mock exam.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
We have been offering this approach to corporate clients for a number of years and it has the following benefits over a traditional 5-day course.
- Less time out of the office.
- A weekly programme of learning with weekly homework and feedback.
- More time to study and absorb the course material.
- Very high pass rates in the APM-PMQ exam, with over 90% of candidates using this form of training passing.
Learning Objectives – At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply the principles of project management to your project.
- Confidently sit the APM Professional exam with a clear understanding of what is required to pass.
- Explain the benefits of project management to you and your organisation.
None but 1-2 experience working in a project environment is helpful in preparing for the exam. The course includes a comprehensive pre-course study pack. This means that if you are relatively new to project management you can prepare thoroughly for the course before you arrive.
What is Included in the Course?
We will support you all the way during your course with the following materials.
- Five weekly 2 hour webinars to cover the theory.
- Four sets of homework marked by the course tutor.
- A mock exam (5 from 8 questions) which is also marked by the course tutor.
- An online exam prep session after the mock exam.
- A face-to-face exam prep and exam day with your tutor.
- The exam fees, which can be taken at the British Council for candidates outside the UK. For this, the British Council charge a small additional invigilation fee.
- Our highly acclaimed printed study guide is published in partnership with The Association for Project Management. It is the definitive textbook for preparing for the APM Project Management Qualification (APM PMQ).
- Eight online e-learning modules which are closely integrated with the study guide.
- A wide range of MP3 audio podcasts available direct on iTunes or from the Parallel Website
What is the Course Like?
Many people find that the weekly sessions supported by marked homework and a mock exam are a highly beneficial way to study the APM PMQ. Especially is they have busy lives, are unable to travel or are based outside the UK.
To get the best from this course you will need to set aside 4-5 hours a week to complete self study and do the home work.