Using an integrated approach, this APM-PMQ course gives you the ability to learn in your own way anytime anywhere. Delivered virtually, this programme has six virtual live sessions, exam preparation and a virtual exam. All with an experienced APM-PMQ trainer (using Adobe Connect for the online aspects). It includes our acclaimed distance learning package and a mock exam and takes approximately nine weeks to complete
The APM Project Fundamentals (APM PFQ) will introduce you to the fundamental principles, skills, methods, tools and behaviours of project management. This distance learning course included a wide range of learning resources and the full APM PFQ on-line exam.
Using the integrated Parallel Learning System you can now study with the Parallel APM Project Management Qualification distance learning course. This Distance Learning package does not include the exam.
This course includes videos, podcasts and a paper study guide to guide you through the application process, and give you hints and tips along the way.
We have been offering this approach to corporate clients for a number of years and it has the following benefits over a traditional 5-day course.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
There are no prerequisites, but 1-2 experience working in a project environment is helpful in preparing for the exam. The course includes a comprehensive pre-course study pack. This means that if you are relatively new to project management you can prepare thoroughly for the course before you arrive.
Included in this course is:
1. Five weekly 2 hour webinars to cover the theory
2. Four sets of homework marked by the course tutor
3. A mock exam (5 from 8 questions) marked by the course tutor.
4. An online exam prep session after the mock exam
5. A face-to-face (where practical, virtual / online where not) exam prep and exam day with your tutor
6. The exam fees are included (*)
7. Our highly acclaimed printed study guide is published in partnership with The Association for Project Management. It is the definitive textbook for preparing for the APM Project Management Qualification (APM PMQ).
8. Eight online e-learning modules, closely integrated with the study guide.
9. A wide range of MP3 audio podcasts available direct on iTunes or from the Parallel Website
(*) Overseas delegates can take the exam at British Council offices located Worldwide for which there is a small additional invigilation fee payable to them direct. Online exams will be available Q2 2020 negating this requirement.
Many people find that the weekly sessions supported by marked homework and a mock exam are a highly beneficial way to study the APM PMQ. Especially is they have busy lives, are unable to travel or are based outside the UK.
To get the best from this course you will need to set aside 4-5 hours a week to complete self study and do the home work.