- 6th March 2018 at 09:39 #17373
List and describe five types of project stakeholder
1. individuals and groups performing the work,
2. individuals and groups affected by the work;
3. owners and shareholders;
5. statutory and regulatory bodies
1) The project team doing the work are key stakeholders in the project. They have to understand why the project is essential. And why they should commit to the project delivery. Without this they are unlikely to be motivated to deliver the project. So it’s essential that the PM communicates the overall vision for the project,
2) People affected by the project are critical to the project success. For example, if the users are not happy then it is unlikely that the project will get the benefits. Understanding how the project will impact those affected is a key part of the success of the project. So, for example, a developer may want to discuss the impact of a development on the local schools.
3) Owners will want a return on the investment in the project, So they have a vital role in the critical investment decisions. They may not be the sponsor but will have to ultimate say on I the project proceeds. Communication and keeping the owners onside is essential to any project. This will be especially true at gate decision points.
4) Ultimately customers will influence the overall success of the project. If the customers are not happy with the outcome then they are unlikely to use the facility and take their custom elsewhere. So for example, if a customer doesn’t like a new airport, then they are highly likely to decide they want to fly from a different airport. So, in this case, it’s imperative to make sure we fully understand the customer needs.
5) Statutory bodies and regulators will set the legal standards against which the project has to e delivered. So, for example, they may set planning of environmental protection constraints. Because they are statutory rules, then these must be understood and followed by the project team. So, for example, the protection of newts.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.