Parallel is a specialist project management training company based in Reading. We are committed to delivering high-quality training to our corporate, public and on-line learners, helping them succeed in their chosen project management role. As a market leader with a large proportion of the Association of Project Management market segment, we are committed to make project management training, from Foundation to Chartered, available to all at a sensible cost.
Joining our Board of Directors, you will be replacing the current director who is due to retire. You will be home-based, responsible for leading the training delivery capability to all clients, which includes an element of training delivery, oversight of materials development, liaison with the APM, management of the trainer pool (both associates and permanent employees) and provide support to sales activities. This is a senior role in our business and we are looking for an individual who can project the Parallel brand and culture into the marketplace and help set the strategy and grow the revenue without compromising quality.
The role calls for an individual with proven leadership skills with a strong focus on delivering excellent customer experiences. It is anticipated that you will have a relevant technical background in the project management training market and exposure to some of our main client’s business particularly in defence, built asset consultancy, insurance, charities, rail and energy. This is a full-time permanent role and travel around the UK and elsewhere can be expected in order to fully accommodate the client’s requirements.
You will need credibility, with a good academic background, educated to a degree level and possess one of the APM-PMQ, Prince2, Managing Successful Programmes or PMI qualifications and ideally be an APM ChPP.
This role allows a motivated professional to take up a senior position in a small but influential training business. It’s a full-time role working closely with the current Directors of the business. Training and coaching will be provided as and where necessary, so that a full and proper handover can be completed during the 2021/22 financial year.
A market-leading salary is available and to the right candidate.
- Project management experience and competence equivalent to the APM ChPP standard.
- Leadership of a consulting team
- Managing client accounts
- Understanding of core business processes including accounting, HR, finance and basic contract law.
- Experience delivering project management training courses either as an internal trainer or an external training consultant.
- A willingness to travel to deliver training programmes on client sites.
- Member of the Association for Project Management.
- Experience working with the Association for Project Management as a volunteer, trainer, SIG group member.
- APM Chartered Project Professional status or an expectation of achieving it within 6 months, and appropriate support will be provided.
To arrange a confidential briefing discussion to learn more, please contact – Mandy Fitzmaurice on firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Sunday 20th June 2021.