APM Project Management Qualification Distance Learning Package excluding Exam and Face-to-face Exam Prep
One of the most comprehensive APM PMQ distance learning courses accredited by the APM.
Using the integrated Parallel Learning System you can now study with the Parallel APM Project Management Qualification (APM PMQ) distance learning course. Note that the APM PMQ qualification was previously known as the APMP.
The benefits of this approach are:
- With our distance learning you have more flexibility to study at your own pace.
- We provide on-line one-to-one tutor support plus a face-to-face exam prep and exam day.
- We offer a wide variety of media to suit your personal learning style.
- You save the cost of travel and accommodation.
- You can start your training immediately, no waiting for a course to start.
- Face-to-face distance learning prep and exam fees included in the cost. We will upgrade you to a full 5-day course if you wish (you just pay the difference).
- Our distance learning has consistently excellent exam pass rate
How long will it take to study?
How quickly you work through the course depends on how much time you are able to commit. Towards the end of your study we recommend you post your work onto our on-line exam prep forum and we will give you direct feedback on how you are progressing with your exam style.
What is included in the APM PMQ distance learning package?
- Our highly acclaimed printed study guide is published in partnership with The Association for Project Management. It is the definitive textbook for preparing for the APM Project Management APM Qualification (APM PMQ).
- Eight on-line e-learning modules which are closely integrated with the study guide.
- A wide range of MP3 audio podcasts available direct on iTunes or from the Parallel Website.
- On-line tutor support via our community of practice.
"We've been studying with the distance learning course over the past few weeks and it's an excellent course for a project management professional to undertake."
Lindsay Scott, Arras People
What is the APM PMQ?
The APM PMQ is the foundation level qualification from the Association for Project Management. It was previously known as the APMP and is ideal for anyone who has up to 5 years experience managing projects and is seeking to learn the underpinning principles of project management and get a formal qualification. The course and qualification is based on 37 of the key topics from the Associations for Project Management Body of Knowledge (APM Bok). The BoK represented the accepted practice that is used by project manager's everyday to deliver successful projects. It is not a ABC method approach to project management but a guide to the key skills and areas of knowledge you will need to be a practical project manager.
APM PMQ Distance Learning Study Guide
The study guide has been written by Parallel Project Training and published by The Association for Project Management. It is the definitive textbook for the APM Project Management Qualification (APM PMQ - previously known as the APMP) and is the core of our distance learning course. It covers the entire APM PMQ syllabus in full detail. With a highly practical case study and revision exercises, it is the most comprehensive guide to the APM PMQ available in the format of a printed book. It uses the same structure of the APM Body of Knowledge and is packed with sample exam questions. The book encourages active learning with a detailed case study, project management templates and lots of simple checkpoint quizzes. This is fully complemented by our on-line e-learning.
"I recently passed the the APMP exam which I took in May. I used your book on the subject as my primary reference. It was really useful and easy to use and the combination with the podcasts was very helpful. I would definitely recommend it for people who are not taking a formal course. Well done." Alan Spong.
Distance Learning Online eLearning
Our eight interactive and engaging e-learning modules follow the same structure as the study guide and the APM Body of Knowledge. Media rich flash technology is used to bring the subject to life with interactive elements and plenty of quiz sections. The e-learning is fully narrated with professional voice over. It supports your distance learning by being fully integrated with the study guide. Your progress is checked by a series of interactive exercise and quizzes.
Our podcasts, which are available from our website or iTunes, are an integral part of the learning system. Using the same structure as the study guide they enable you to learn in the car, train or plane. Based on high-quality interactive discussion between professional training consultants these will fast track you learning and understanding of the APM's approach to project management. If you listen to the podcasts you will have develop a good understanding of the challenges of applying project management in the work place.
Our on-line moderated forum provides you with support advice and guidance to help you with your study. Post questions here and an experienced tutor will answer your questions.
How can I take the exam once I have finished my study?
The APM PMQ exam fees are not included in the cost of the APM PMQ distance learning course (previously the APMP) so you have three options when you wish to proceed to take it:
- Attend an exam prep and exam day run by Parallel Project Training. This includes a morning of coaching from an experienced tutor and the exam in the afternoon. See our open public course schedule for dates.
- Attend one the exams run as part of our public courses. These start at 13:00 on the last day of our public courses. Again see our open public course schedule for dates.
- Sit the open exams arranged by the APM.
You can also take the exam outside the UK. The APM works with the British Council to arrange exams at your convenience in almost all the major cities around the world. For more details read our blog post on taking the APM PMQ course and exam outside the UK.
APM PMQ Distance Learning - We're with you all the way.
I just wanted to thank you for the Podcasts you have on i-tunes. I downloaded your podcasts and listened to the each evening and when commuting. Thanks to them I passed my APMP. Thanks again.
How Long Can I Access My Training For?
We will initially enable you access to our e-Learning System for six months, but if you need to extend the access for a further six months at any time then please do get in touch. There is no time limit on you taking the exam, although we may ask for a small additional payment to cover any change in the exam fees by the APM.
Prices exclude shipping and VAT.