Parallel Project Management Limited – Privacy Notice
Parallel Project Management Limited are registered with the Information Commissioners Office to process personal data and during our business relationship with you we will need to collect some of your personal data or where you are a business client, that of your employees. We have a statutory duty to handle this data in a responsible manner according to the relevant regulations.
The type of data we collect and from where includes
- We collect personal information such as delegate name, address, billing address and email address, information for processing payment (not stored by us, but processed by our bank), or any special circumstances such as requests for exam extended time and details of delegate course work, homework marks and results.
- We collect this information from you through our website, paper and telephone correspondence, such as when you login to access our services, signup to receive our newsletters, register for information, or make a purchase or commence a course of study.
- We may receive your personal information from third parties such as those booking and/or paying for our services on your behalf (such as apprentice main providers, employers, other training companies who have syndicated your booking)
- In addition, we collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Websites.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. Specifically, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- Sharing with our selected partners and suppliers to enable us to be able to fulfil our contract with you and to provide the services you have purchased. This may entail sharing information across our paper and electronic systems (such as web site, accounting system, email, etc)
- We make course registrations, exam bookings, booking courses, venue bookings, delivering material and generally keeping in contact with you
- We maintain your exam results on our systems to calculate our business performance measures
- We may share your information with credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors
Storing Your Personal Data
The personal information you provided to us is stored within secure servers and although some of these are not hosted in the UK, we will endeavour to ensure that all are maintained securely according to the best available practice.
Please note that the transmission of information via the internet (including email) is not completely secure and therefore, although we endeavour to protect the personal information you provide to us, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our sites and portals, you are responsible for keeping these passwords confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
Where it is necessary for us to do so in order for us to be able to deliver the services you have ordered we may need to disclose your personal information to the following: –
- Staff within our company
- Our associates
- Accreditation bodies
- Third parties such as suppliers of publications and venue services
- Main providers or government agencies, where required by the scheme or education path you elect to follow (such as apprentice programmes)
- Any third party that purchases all or substantially all of our assets and business
- Any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
With your specific consent we may also disclose your personal information to:
- Exam results to your employer
- Attendance and learning progress data
- Specific examination needs to accreditation bodies, other supplier(s) and other delegates booked on your course
- Dietary requirements to our supplier(s) as necessary
Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on our Websites or within documentation we provide.
If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their own privacy policies which you should review.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
The Website may offer you the opportunity to share or follow information about us (or the Website or our Services) using third party social networking functionality (such as through “share this”, “like” or “follow” buttons).
We offer this functionality in order to generate interest in us, the Website and our Services among the members of your social networks, and to permit you to share and follow opinions, news and recommendations about us with your friends. However, you should be aware that sharing personal or non-personal information with a social network may result in that information being collected by the social network provider or result in that information being made publicly-available, including through Internet search engines.
Please note that we do not exercise any endorse or control the policies or practices of any third party social network whose functionality you may access through the Website.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal information may involve the transmission of personal information on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our Websites and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge our processing of personal information in this way. However, we will endeavour to protect all personal information collected through the Websites in accordance with strict data protection standards.
Access To Information
Should you wish to access or update the personal information that we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details below. If you have an account on the Website you may also access and update your personal information by logging onto your account.
In addition, we would like to use all classes of data to help us improve our products and services, more effectively target marketing and offers to you and others and to understand more about how our systems are performing but we need your consent to do so. Again, this may entail sharing your data with other systems some of which may not reside in the UK. We will not however share your data with any third parties that are not directly related to the purposes above.
You have a statutory right to withdraw any consent you grant at any time and request us to remove all your personal data from our systems.
For this for any other reason, please telephone on 0118 321 5030, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Wey Court West, Union Road, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7PT, and we will respond in a timely manner from the receipt of your enquiry.
You can see a more detailed account of our ICO registration by going to www.ICO.org.uk. Thank You