The APM Project Fundamentals (APM PFQ) will introduce you to the fundamental principles, skills, methods, tools and behaviours of project management. This distance learning course included a wide range of learning resources and the full APM PFQ on-line exam.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
ElearningComplete online at your own pace (Self-paced)
- £275.00 excl. VAT
The APM Project Fundamentals (APM-PFQ) will introduce you to the fundamental principles, skills, methods, tools and behaviours of project management. It is a highly practical approach that can be applied to projects of any size. It will kick start your introduction to project management because it mixes theory of project management, a practical case study and reflection exercises. Typically people complete this course in 3-5 days with a very high success rate in the final exam.
During the course you will learn how to:
- Define the roles of the project manager.
- Capture and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Prepare a business case justifying the project.
- Prepare a project plan including a budget and schedule.
- Manage the risks to your project.
- Control changes during the project.
- Report progress
- Build and develop a project team.
The APM PFQ is designed for people who are new to project management or working in a project role. As such is has no pre-requisites. If you are new to project management we recommend you read the study guide and sample the e-learning before the course. In particular, the study guide includes a sample exam which will give you a feel for your knowledge gaps.
What is Included in the Course?
The package includes:
- The APM fundamentals study guide published by APM and written by Parallel Project Training.
- Twenty bite-size video lectures presented by the authors of the APM fundamentals study guide.
- Eighteen reflection exercises in which you consider how to apply the principles to your projects.
- Twenty five podcasts which you can download and listen to as you travel.
- Twenty four case study episodes in which you watch a new project manager apply the principles of project management to her first project.
- One hundred and four sample multiple choice questions to check you progress with the course.
- A full sample exam paper.
- An on-line tutor support via our study group.
- Online APM Project Fundamentals Exam (APM PFQ).
We don't expect you will use all these resources as we find that different people have different learning styles, some prefer the printed resources, some find the podcasts fit into their working week, whilst other prefer the online lectures.
We offer multiple options for payment;
1. Credit / Debit Card
2. Payment via invoice. During checkout for your course, select 'Offline Payment'. You will then receive an invoice from which you can pay. If you wish to add a Purchase Order number to your order, please enter this when prompted at checkout.