If you already work in the project management field then you will have heard of the suite of professionally recognised qualifications from the UK-based Association for Project Management (APM). These professional project management qualifications cover a range of different experience levels from the novice project manager up to those with many years' experience managing complex projects who can achieve Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) status.Build on your existing knowledge
The APM Project Professional Qualification (PPQ), from the Association for Project Management (APM), builds on the knowledge gained in the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ). It leads to direct entry as a full member of the Association for Project Management (MAPM). APM PPQ is also a recognised assessment route for Chartered Project Professional (ChPP). This means that with the APM PPQ, you demonstrate your up-to-date knowledge of current practices and methods of project management. As such, you can follow route 1 (professional practice, CPD and ethics) to Chartered Status.Demonstrate your project management capabilities
The APM Project Professional Qualification (APM PPQ) version 2 (updated August 2020) incorporates a mix of tools, techniques, processes and skills that demonstrate candidates project management achievements, and the APM PPQ specifically assesses capability in delivering projects, programmes and portfolios. It is an assessment that covers both general and specific skills that professionals require across all areas of project management. It sits as a new qualification at a higher level than the APM Project Management Qualification (APM PMQ) (formerly the APMP) and below the gold standard Chartered Project Professional status.
Gain a qualification that recognises your knowledge of how to apply project management professionally.
Be able to demonstrate professional application of the principle of project management, including:
Be ready to apply for full membership of the APM (MAPM) by the direct route.
Have a recognised qualification they enable you to apply for Chartered Project Professional by following route 1.
The course is divided into three modules. Each module includes:Module 1 - Effective leadership and management
1. Providing effective leadership for the project by providing vision and direction.
2. Establishing and developing and manage project teams.
3. Resolving conflict between different individuals in the team and stakeholders.
4. Adopt a structured and logical approach to problem solving.
5. Make decisions in a way that supports the project objectives.
6. Manage stakeholders, taking account of their differing levels of influence and of their particular interests.
7. Negotiating effectively with different key players and stakeholder groups.Module 2 - Governance
1. Establish and maintain structures that define clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for the governance and delivery of change initiatives, and that align with organisational practice.
2. Establish and manage reviews which will inform governance of the change initiatives, by providing evaluations of progress, methodologies and continuing relevance.
3. Establish protocols to alter change initiatives, implementing the protocols when necessary, and updating configuration documentation.
4. Manage the project to deliver the intended benefits.Module 3 - Planning and control
1. Prepare and baseline budgets for projects and control actual costs and forecast costs against the budge
2. Proactively manage the risk associated with projects including identification, evaluation, planning responses and implementation of those responses.
3. Manage issues that arise during the project in a proactive way.
4. Prepare a consolidated plan that covers the scope, resources, risk, budgets, issues and quality criteria for a project.
We are offering our PPQ course via a 3 day virtual training programme. This is supported by our own PPQ study guide and provision of sample scenario questions, as we aim to provide everything you need to pass your PPQ assessment. We design all of our courses to cater for a wide range of learning styles, and aim to provide a variety of learning resources.
A 3-day, 12 webinar, tutor led course in which you will work through the syllabus and sample case study, evaluating the techniques used to prepare you for your assessment.
A hard copy of our PPQ study guide, written by Parallel Project Training and designed to guide you through everything required for the PPQ
Sample scenario questions and answers.
The APM PPQ assessment is built up of three parts;
Our PPQ package does not include the assessment fees. To book your PPQ assessment you will need to contact the APM directly, or visit the APM at apm.org.uk/qualifications-and-training/project-professional-qualification-ppq/
Our e-Learning webinars are conducted via Adobe Connect. Upon registering for your course, you will be sent a link to the meeting room. You can access the Adobe meeting room either through your browser or by downloading the Adobe Connect App. We recommend you download the App to access the meeting room as we have found this enables a more stable connection. You are invited to enable your webcam and microphone in order for the tutoring sessions to be 2 way and more engaging.