Not Sure Which Project Management Course Is Right For You Or Your Organisation?
Which Project Management Course Is Right For Me?
There is a bewildering range of different project management qualifications; from PRINCE2 to those offered by The Association for Project Management (APM) and The Project Management Institute (PMI).
Here at Parallel we offer training courses based on APM, PMI and PRINCE2 methods so we are ideally placed to advise you of the best route to follow to enhance your career prospects. The best qualifications or accreditation for any project manager are dependent on previous experience, current industry sector, likely future employers and whether you will be working nationally or globally. More information is available below, or give us a call and one of our consultants will help you find the right training for your specific experience and future ambitions.
Upcoming Public Project Management Courses
6 WeeksFrom £1,250.00
Looking For The Right Project Management Training For You Or Your Organisation?
Our Recommended Training
APM Project Fundamentals Qualification
- Ideal for a new project managers who want to learn the principles of project management
- 208 page APM study guide
- 20 bite-size video lectures
- 24 case study episodes
- 25 podcasts
- One hour multiple choice exam paper with 60 questions.
APM Project Management Qualification
- Ideal for a project manager establishing a professional career
- 336 page APM study guide
- 8 online e-Learning modules
- 33 podcasts
- 3 hour written exam paper with 10 questions from 16
- Ideal for PMs working with PRINCE2 method
- Provides the knowledge needed to manage PRINCE2 projects.
- Pre-course study pack
- Foundation and Practitioner exams
- 5-day class room in central London
- Foundation exam 75 questions in one hour
- 8 questions - 10 question items per question in Two-and-a-half hours
Advanced Project Management Courses
APM Practitioner Qualification (APM PQ)
This qualification is aimed at professional project managers with at least 3 years' experience of managing non-complex projects who would like to gain a nationally and internationally recognised qualification. The course comprises a 3-day assessment followed by detailed feedback on each candidate's professional capabilities and recommended areas to target for CPD. The assessment is based on 30 criteria for effective Project Management as established by the APM. Prior to the APM PQ course we offer highly recommend briefing sessions to help candidates understand how the assessment operates and what is expected of them during the assessment.
APM Registered Project Professional (RPP) Coaching Workshops
The APM RPP credential is the most advanced project management accreditation available and is aimed at those able to demonstrate competent leadership and an ability to successfully manage highly complex projects, programmes and portfolios with the relevant processes and techniques. It also recognises a commitment to continuing professional development (CPD) and will enhance a project manager's professional status.
Benefits Of Project Management Training
The best project managers can help their organisations reap the benefits of well-executed projects through cost reduction, improved efficiency and increased profits. They can help businesses communicate more effectively, both internally and with external clients. For these reasons the role of project manager in organisations of all sizes has grown in importance.
Whatever your current level of experience, our project management courses will:
- Equip you with the practical skills and knowledge to successfully deliver benefits to your organisation through well-managed projects.
- Provide you with internationally-recognised qualifications to enhance your career prospects as a project management professional.
- Enable you to develop the behaviours and leadership skills needed to become a successful project manager.
Our research indicates that 89% of delegates agree that our project management courses benefited their organisation.
Benefits Of Choosing Parallel Project Training
Our trainers are highly experienced project managers in their own right and can help you understand how to apply project management best practices to real-life projects. All courses involve interactive exercises, role-play and discussion groups based on realistic case-studies to provide opportunities to practice and develop new leadership skills, attitudes and behaviours. We are a specialist project management training company providing:
- Highly qualified, professional trainers with real-world project management experience.
- Meaningful and challenging case studies that enable you to apply newly acquired skills to realistic projects.
- Online tutor support and coaching workshops for continuing professional development (CPD).
- Training programmes tailored to the specific needs of corporate groups
The Parallel Learning System
The Parallel Learning System is the basis of all our project management courses. The system offers written study guides, online e-learning modules, podcasts and workshops. These learning media complement our classroom-based courses with the same underlying structure and case studies to help develop the project management knowledge, practical skills and behaviours required to gain recognised qualifications and improve your professional capabilities.
Advantages of the Parallel Learning System:
- Start a classroom-based course with sufficient background knowledge to ensure you can take full advantage of the training.
- Opportunity to review study materials before the course using whatever media suit you best.
- Improved exam pass rates due to the opportunity to freely revisit content as often as required.
- Online support available via an active and moderated forum.
As an alternative to public project management courses, we offer Distance Learning packages, which are a successful, cost-effective solution that avoid time away from the workplace and allow people to work at their own pace at a time, and in a location, that suits them. Our market-leading materials include a printed study guide, podcasts, webinars and online e-learning modules all backed up by online tutor support. Our Distance Learning packages have the same high standard as our more traditional courses and achieve consistently excellent exam pass rates for all professional project management qualifications. These packages provide the flexibility to fit learning in with other commitments without sacrificing quality or success rates.
As well as public project management courses for your employees delivered at one of our training centres, these same courses can be provided at your own premises for a more cost-effective solution. We also develop training programmes specifically for your organisation, working to understand your culture and objectives so your project managers can learn the required practical skills and theoretical knowledge. Our courses are truly tailored to your specific requirements, incorporating internal project management frameworks, where necessary. They include challenging and realistic role play, and behavioural and leadership development so delegates improve their real-world skills enabling them to deliver better outcomes for all of your projects.