Parallel is a specialist project management training company based in Reading. We are committed to delivering high-quality training to our corporate, public and on-line learners, helping them succeed in their chosen project management role. We are committed to making training available to all at a reasonable cost. We are a market leader with a large proportion of the Association of Project Management market segment, delivering the full range of their qualifications from Foundation to Chartered.
Initially reporting to the Programme Development Director, you will be home-based, responsible for leading the training delivery capability to all clients. This includes an element of training delivery (about 50%), development of materials, liaison with the APM, management of the trainer pool (both associates and permanent employees) and provide support to sales activities. This is a senior role in our business; we are looking for an individual who can project the Parallel persona into the marketplace and help set the strategy and grow the revenue without compromising quality.
The role calls for an individual with proven leadership skills with a strong focus on delivering excellent customer experiences. It is anticipated that you will have a relevant technical background in the project management training market and exposure to some of our main client’s business particularly in defence, built asset consultancy, insurance, charities, rail and energy. This is a full-time permanent role and travel around the UK and elsewhere is expected to accommodate the client’s requirements.
You will need credibility, with a good academic background, and although we do not necessarily stipulate any particular academic qualifications, you should be educated to a degree level and possess one of the APM-PMQ, Prince2, Managing Successful Programmes or PMI qualifications. Ideally APM ChPP.
This role allows a motivated professional to take up a senior position in a small but influential training business. It’s a full-time role working closely with the Directors of the business.
A market-leading salary is available and to the right candidate.
- Experience delivering project management training courses (internal trainer or an external training consultant).
- Excellent presentation skills, both face-to-face and on-line.
- Project management experience and competence equivalent to the APM ChPP standard. If you don’t currently hold ChPP, we will expect and support the successful candidate to get ChPP within 6 months.
- Understanding of core business processes including HR, Finance and basic contract law.
- A willingness to travel to deliver training programmes on client sites.
- Member of the Association for Project Management.
- Experience working with the Association for Project Management as a volunteer, trainer, SIG group member.
- APM Chartered Project Project Professional status.
To arrange a confidential briefing discussion to learn more, please contact our Programme Development Director – John Bolton on 0118 321 5030