| The APM Introductory Certificate in Project Management (APM IC) is the essential introduction to project management from the Association for Project Management. It is designed for new project managers or project team members who want to understand the the fundamentals of project management. It is based on the Association for Project Management Body of Knowledge. The Association for Project Management is the UK professional body for project management with over 14,000 individual and 400 corporate members. |
Benefits of taking the APM Introductory Certificate?
This two day project management course covers the essential elements of project management as defined by the APM Introductory Certificate syllabus. It will help you become familiar with the processes, tools and techniques of project management; it will equip you to make a more effective contribution to the delivery of successful project in your organization. This course is ideal for those who are new the environment of project management and want to develop a better understanding of project management processes, behaviours, tools and techniques.
What is the format of the APM Introductory Certificate Exam?
The introductory certificate exam is based on 60 multiple choice questions with a 60% pass mark. These questions are completed under exam conditions within an hour.
Course Learning Objectives By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Describe a projects context and the relationship of this to the way in which the project is managed
- Write usable project documentation including business cases and project plans.
- Describe the key components of a team and how a project manager might seek to manage them
- Carry out a work breakdown of a project as a first component of planning and produce a project plan
- Carry out a risk analysis of a project and describe ways in which projects can be monitored and controlled
- Carry out a stakeholder analysis and describe ways in which they can be managed
- Have sufficient knowledge to sit the APM Introductory Certificate exam
What is included in this course:
This course includes a fantastic pre-course and post course support package including
- Official APM Introductory study guide Starting Out in Project Management
- Interactive APM Introductory study group with pre-course video, sample questions and on-line tutor support
- Two days of highly interactive training with an experienced project management consultant full of practical hints and tips to help you start you projects effectively
- APM Introductory Certificate exam at the end of the course
- On-going support via our on-line community of project managers and consultants.
- Online mock exam (click here to try now).
APM Introductory Certificate course contents