Using the integrated Parallel Learning System you can now study with the Parallel APM Project Management Qualification distance learning course. This Distance Learning package does not include the exam.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
ElearningComplete online at your own pace (Self-paced)
- £300.00 excl. VAT
The APM Project Management Qualification was formerly known as APMP and is designed for those who see project management as a key part of their role. It establishes a solid foundation in project management behaviours, skills, processes and tools in any industry. It is ideal for those, with a few years’ experience in project delivery, who are seeking to consolidate a structured method of project management in their company with a best-practice approach from the Association for Project Management.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understanding the context in which projects are delivered including the effect of programmes and portfolios.
- Understands the governance arrangments for projects.
- Preparing a business case for a project.
- Preparing a project management plan.
- Plan and manage project communications.
- Understand the approaches to leadership and management.
- Understand scope management.
- Planning a project including preparing a project management plan.
- Prepare project schedules, resource plans and budgets.
- Review and manage project risks
- Manage project quality.
- Plan and execute project procurement.
- Confidently sit the APM Professional exam with a clear understanding of what is required to pass.
- Explain the benefits of project management to you and your organisation.
None but 1-2 experience working in a project environment is helpful in preparing for the exam. The course includes a comprehensive distance learning package and remote support via out online study group.
What is Included in the Course?
We will support you all the way during your course with the following materials.
- Our highly acclaimed printed study guide is published in partnership with The Association for Project Management. It is the definitive textbook for preparing for the APM Project Management Qualification (APM PMQ).
- Eight online e-learning modules which are tightly integrated with the study guide.
- A wide range of MP3 audio podcasts available direct on iTunes or from the Parallel Website.
- Online tutor support via our community of practice.
Once you have completed your study you should book a separate Distance learning prep day and exam. This includes a morning of tutor lead exam prep and then the exam in the afternoon. Additional fees apply for this session and exam fee.
What is the Course Like?
You should plan between 40 to 80 hours of self-study to work through the course material and post answers for review on our online study group. Typical this takes people 3-6 months to complete. If you purchase this package and find that you this self directed learning style does not meet your needs then please give us a call and we will arrange a discount of a classroom course,
We offer multiple options for payment;
1. Credit / Debit Card
2. Payment via invoice. During checkout for your course, select 'Offline Payment'. You will then receive an invoice from which you can pay. If you wish to add a Purchase Order number to your order, please enter this when prompted at checkout.