After eight years as a project management trainer, I have helped more than 20,000 students prepare for their Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam. In my experience along the way, I’ve found one thing that unites them all: They all want to practice with free PMP Exam sample questions.
In an effort to help, I have identified 10 web sites that offer free PMP Exam sample questions. I recommend each of them for the quality of their questions.
- www.oliverlehmann.com. Hands down, this web site has the toughest questions around. If you are able to answer more than 50% correctly, then hats off to you. Lehmann provides sample questions in a variety of formats. From the site, you can take a free 75-question simulated, timed (90 minute) exam. He also includes a link to over 3,000 free sample questions (4,000 for PMI members) as well as a download option (PDF) for an additional 175 sample questions, which is also available in German. What’s more, smartphone owners can access another 30 free questions for their iPhone/iPad and/or Android in the iTunes Store and Android Market, respectively.
- http://www.preparepm.com/mock1.html. This site offers two different free “mock exams”—the first has 70 questions; the second has 28 questions, and the answers to the questions are included at the end of each exam. What I like most about this site, however, is that you can filter the sample questions by the various knowledge areas covered in the exam (i.e., questions on Risk Management, or Quality Management, or Ethics, etc.), so you can focus your studies on the areas where you think you need the most help. The site also includes a link to a free, timed 200-question PMP practice exam (although you do have to register on the site).
- http://www.examcentral.net/pmp/pmp-exam-questions#. This PMP Exam study site includes a huge,sample-question test bank—over 1,000 free practice exam questions. Once you register on the site, you’ll be able to access the vast test bank, as well as an unlimited number of full-length mock exams, customizable PMP flashcards, and a PMP dictionary. Two nice features of note on this site: first, once you take a practice exam, you can re-open it for review; second, the practice exam provides you with visual, analytical progress reporting, so you know exactly where you stand during your mock exam.
- http://certification.about.com/od/projectmanagement/a/pmp_test_whiz.htm. If you’re looking for something short and sweet, this excerpt from Whizlabs’ PMP Exam Simulator gives you 20 free PMP sample questions to test your readiness. There are five questions per page, and the answers–as well as explanations for each question–are available at the bottom of each page. In addition, the site provides suggested reading, related articles and resources for each question, giving you additional support in areas where you may need more help.
- http://www.tutorialspoint.com/pmp-exams/pmp_mock_exams.htm. Offering 200 objective sample questions (and their answers) on each of two mock exams, this site will give you a good idea of what you’ll see on the actual exam. Unique to this site, you’ll be able to see a pattern or progression of exam questions based on the PMBOK areas of knowledge.
- http://www.passionatepm.com/free-pmp-exam-practice-test-questions. Hoping to provide training that will “rock your face off,” the Passionate Project Management site offers you three free, timed practice exams — a 15-question/18-minute option, a 50-question/60-minute option, and a 100-question/120-minute option. Once you take the practice exam, you’ll see your score (%) as it relates to the passing score for that mock exam. You can then Review the Quiz, going back over both your correct and incorrect answers.
Read more: http://www.projectaccelerator.co.uk/my-top-10-recommended-web-sites-for-free-pmp-exam-sample-questions/3139#ixzz2KErhc12G