Hi Paul . Your views on my first attempt. Never been one for beating about the bush. Prefer short straight answers. is this enough or do I need to fluff them out ?
- A project is a unique transient endeavour
- Designed to bring about sweeping change
- A project has a defined start and finish
- A project always involves an element of risk
- A Project brings together a bespoke team of specialists
Where Projects difffer from BAU,
- BAU which is repetitive and ongoing compared to a Project that is a one off it is unique
- While a project brings about change BAU continuously strives to improve through small incremental steps for improvement
- B A U differs from a Project by being repetitive and ongoing, whereas a Project has a defined start and finish
- B A U through its expertise and experience of its product are able to reduce and in some cases eliminate risk, whereas a Project always involves an element of risk that needs to be managed.
- B A U relies on a permanent stable workforce, unlike a Project that brings together a specialised team that exists only for the lifespan of the project