Having completed chapter 4 try some of the following homework questions and post your questions below and we give you feedback?
- Explain the concept of a matrix organisation and describe four advantages of such an approach
- Explain five difficulties a project manager may experience when working in a matrix organisation and give examples of how these can be overcome?
- List and describe five roles associated with a project and explain their main responsibilities?
- Explain how the relationship between the sponsor, project manager and user operate throughout the project lifecycle; make five points in your answer?
- List and describe five key activities that a project office may undertake?
- Explain five distinct benefits of a project office?
Remember each of the five paragraphs in a answer needs to include 2-3 sentences. According the the APM guidance notes this should include a a statement of fact about the list item that indicates why it has been selected and also a statement(s) clarifying, supporting, demonstrating further comprehension or application thereof.
I recommend three sentence describing the what, why it is important and then giving an example. So for instance
1) One benefit of a project office is that it can help to ensure a consistent approach to the delivery of projects in an organisation. It does this by sponsoring a common method for the delivery of projects. This is important because a common approach or method reduced overall project risk and ensure consistency can continuity between projects. For example a project office may define the stages in a project and the mandatory gates that apply to all projects, in this way reducing the risk to the organisation.
Five more like this and your done for this question.